After running and racing for two years, I finally decided to embark in my first marathon, thru the TBR Dream Marathon in Nuvali, Sta Rosa, Laguna on May 22, 2010. Thank you Jaymie, The Bull Runner, for organizing and facilitating this special marathon for the first timers like us. This will pave the way for the realization of my dream.
To make this undertaking more meaningful and memorable, I will dedicate my run for a cause. There are many possible beneficiaries but I selected the simple and not so popular Mother Caterina Shelter Home, Inc. in Amadeo, Cavite. The shelter is the home of thirty (30) abandoned and needy girls with age ranging from 3 to 10. The money I will be able to collect for them will be used to send some girls to school this June.
I am so happy with a thought that while I will be doing what I love doing which is running, the opportunity to help others is possible and within reach. I know in my own little way, I can make our world a little better especially for these less privileged girls.
But in spite of my great desire to help, I also realized that I cannot do this alone, so I invited personal and close friends to partner with me in this endeavor. My friends did not fail me. I was touched with their support and response. I cannot thank them enough for their generosity. As of March 30, 2010, I got their pledges and donations amounting to P11,055.49, as follows:
1. Paz Facun P 25 per km or P1.054.88
2. Raquel Rimonte P P30.80 per km or P1,300
3. Gil Paranial P 23.70 per km or P1,000
4. Inday Avecilla P 25 per km or P1,54.88
5. Ellen Balassu P30 per km or P1,265.85
6. Ging Kierulf P23.70 per km or P1,000
7. Ritzel Pagaduan P 30.09 per km or P1,270
8. Romy Soriao P25 per km or P1,054.88
9. Romel Atienza P 25.00 per km or P1,055
10. Lolit Maligaya P 11.85 per km or P500
11. Charie Sapitan P11.85 per km or P500
As I will traverse in this life-changing experience and advocacy, I also requested my above-named partners to say a prayer for my husband, my son and myself for us to finish the marathon injury free. May I also request all kind-hearted runners and bloggers to pray for us.